support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Press release advice from a pro

In my journo career I have seen a lot of bad press releases. Heck, I see them everyday actually. Suzanne Tormollen of the Startup Houston Blog who is a 13 year public relations veteran of the tech scene offers some advice. This goes for non-tech types too.

SEE THE TIPS

My advice is simple:
- Get the facts on the release correct.
- Target your release to someone who might actually care.
- Keep is short and concise (too long and it will just end up in the trash - I guarantee it) CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here